Sunday, January 27, 2013

School Desk Makeover

Hello, everyone!

Schools in Session around my house.
My daughter, Mattie, kept telling me she wanted a chair with a table attached together and I had no idea what she was talking about.  I thought maybe a vanity, so I went online and did a search for vanity's and she said "no, mom.  I want it together.  You know what I'm talking about".  I actually didn't have a clue.  Well, after a few hours a school desk came to my mind.  So, again I'm back on the internet for pictures and I said, "Is this what you want?" and she just started screaming "yes, mom. yes, mom.  I told you mom, you knew what I was talking about".  Finally, after many long hours, I knew what she was talking about.  I still have no clue where this idea of hers came from.  She must have seen it on a cartoon because at her brothers school they all have tables and chairs.

I then went on Craigslist and I searched for a school desk---yeah, yeah, yeah... I found one.

It was not in the best of shape, so I cleaned it well and painted it pink.  I also placed some stickers with her name and some other decorations on the back of the school desk.  I used stickers since I did not want to paint over the wood.

Here's why my 5 year old is so happy...



It was a very simple and easy project that made my daughter so very happy.
I'm sorry for no before picture, but she was in such a hurry.
Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

Linking up to:
Sunday Showcase Party
Wow Us Wednesday
Metamorphosis Monday
Make It Pretty Monday

1 comment:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Believe it or not, my 5 yr old granddaughter just asked if she could take home the old school desk I have. I guess they're getting ready for kindergarten - even if they won't have desks like this. You did a good job decorating it for her.